Spoken Languages: Arabic and English
Climate: Temperature will range between 20°C-26°C during the conference dates
Currency: Omani Rial OMR = 2.60 US Dollars
Time Zone: GMT + 4 hours
Calling code: +968
Exchange rate is posted for information only and is subject to change without notice. You must contact your bank to get the latest and most accurate information.
The new Muscat International Airport (MCT) is the main international airport in Oman and is situated 32 km from the old city and capital Muscat within the Muscat metropolitan area. The airport serves as the hub for flag carrier Oman Air and Oman's first budget airline Salam Air features flights to several regional destinations as well as some Intercontinental services to Asia, Africa, and Europe.
Immigration & Visa Security & Custom Check-in Info Virtual Tour Interactive Maps
Online Visa :
The Royal Oman Police (ROP) announced a new online system for visitors to apply for their visas. The system is intended to facilitate the process for visitors traveling to Oman and to reduce the wait time at the arrival terminal.
- This visa can be used within six months from the date of issuance.
- It is a single-entry visa valid for staying in the country for one month from the date of entry.
- This period is extendable once and for one month only.
for all citizens from the countries listed here: https://www.rop.gov.om/english/countrylist1.html Online business or visit visas can be purchased through the Royal Oman Police (ROP) website: https://evisa.rop.gov.om/.
that it is simpler to purchase a visit visa than a business visa online
All other countries which are not listed in the first type require to apply for a "sponsored visa".
- Please find the information for sponsored visas
- This visa needs certain documents and a local sponsor, which will be UBAR conferences & events as the Official Professional Conference Organizer of the ISRTC 2020.
Joint Tourist Visa Facility with the Emirate of Dubai and Qatar :
Nationals set out in the above list ONLY arriving from the Emirate of Dubai or from Qatar to Oman bearing a tourist entrance visa or a stamp from either country are not required to obtain a separate visa for Oman provided they travel directly from Dubai or from Doha to Oman
|Visa Type||Free||Visa Validity||Eligibility|
|Dubai Visa||FREE||Dubai Visa validity not less than 21 days||Passengers from these Countries must arrive and depart from/to Dubai.|
|Qatar Visa||FREE||Qatar Visa validity not less than 30 days||Passengers from these Countries must arrive and depart from/to Doha. Qatar visa must state allowed to visit Oman.|
Entry Visa for Foreigners Residing in the G.C.C. Countries :
This is issued to residents of any GCC (Gulf Cooperation Council) Countries, passengers must arrive directly from any GCC county. Restrictions apply to non-degree related professions e.g. (laborers, carpenters) it is also granted to members of their families as long as they enter together. To be granted to the wives of expatriates sons in GCC as well as housemaids, drivers, and companions with sponsor or any of his family members according to the following conditions :
- The expatriate should have a valid resident in any GCC country.
- The duration of the visa is one month extended to one month and the fees are collected as per similar treatment principles of each State.
- To view the list of professions eligible for Visa on Arrival visit for the GCC category visit the ROP website.